Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 19 - It feels like it took all day!


I read through the prompt this morning and printed out the
sketch we were supposed to use and then headed back to get
ready for the day. As I passed the backdoor I saw Wiley sitting
on the leftover sand from the playset that we removed a few
weeks ago. He was looking so pleased and content that I ran
back to the kitchen for the camera and took some zoom
photos of him. He really reminded me of the Sphinx (I've
been reading several novels thattake place in Egypt lately)
and so I decided that my accent on the sketch would be a photo
of the Sphinx and then I would use 2 photos of Wiley in that
same position. I love the picture of him yawning - that
one really makes me smile!

Of course, after uploading the photo of the layout to the
Flickr group I realized the mini-alphas of the title are hard
to read. SO I am going to dig out some of my alpha stamps
and use brown ink to stamp "Our Little" on the tag where
the alpha stickers are and change that just a tad. That way the
title will be more visible.

Using the sketch made parts of this layout easier than
others but I still had a hard time adapting my usual
12x12 format to the 8.5x11 format. It's hard to believe
but in 17 years (1993-present) of scrapbooking and
memory keeping I have never used just a plain ol'
8.5 x 11 inch sheet of cardstock as my foundation!
I have always either cut it down or used 12 x 11.5
(the old CM measurements) or 12 x 12 in layouts.
It was fun to try something new. I will be doing
that again soon, too!

See you tomorrow for Day 20!
x0x0x
Csmoferret

No comments: